Intro : The Purpose Compass | Synopsis
7 Amazing Steps to a Happy and a Truly Fulfilling Life : Lessons from the Hebrew / Greek Bible, Life Experience, and more than 100 books on Personal Development, Organisational Development, Entrepreneurship, and Leadership. A Unique Life-Coaching Presentation; recommended for you and your people: child(ren) | friend(s) | team / staff / workers | students / pupils | congregation | countrymen | etc; available in Book Print, eBook / PDF, Audio, and Video formats.
Years of research into human and organisational performance factors has revealed worrying trends in the lives of individuals, organisations, and society as a whole, most of which are not openly discussed and only come up in people’s prayers, and / or when they are in sessions with their pastors, consultants, and other potential helpers. Thus, a lot of people / organisations live a lie; the following examples are startling…
- There are abysmally low levels of productivity among people, especially the workforce. Indeed, if you take every 100 individuals, chances are that 97 of them will be underestimating themselves, and will thus be using very little (far less than 10 percent) of their true potential. So there is 97 out of 100 chances (97 percent probability) that you personally underestimate your capabilities and use very little (far less than 10 percent) of your true / hidden potential; likewise your people. This applies to even persons with serious academic credentials; the causes / reasons are unsuspecting and very surprising!
- Job dissatisfaction is widespread. Indeed, of all the people that go to work every day, only 18 out of 100 (a meagre 18 percent of workers) really feel good about going to work; a whopping 82 percent of people harbour some apprehension when going to work and wish they didn’t have to go to work. There is thus a high probability of 82 out of 100 chances that most of your people (and possibly your good self) may fall into the category of those who may somewhat be dissatisfied with their jobs. There is a way out of this.
- Work-related illnesses and stress-related disorders are on the increase. Indeed, most of the ailments people report to the hospitals with are not pathogenic (they are not caused by disease causing organisms) but remotely through stress. According to a recent survey, stress accounts for some 63 percent of the causes of deaths. The training will equip participants with simple and effective techniques to avoid stress or otherwise adequately deal with stress and thus avoid illnesses and other negative consequences of stress.
- A lot of businesses are struggling. Indeed 80 out of 100 businesses fail within their first 5 years. Of those that survive, 80 percent still fail within the subsequent 4 years. Out of those that remain after these 9 years, only 15 out of 100 make a significant profit; the remaining 85 percent just hang in there. That means if 100 businesses start today, in 9 years only 4 of them will be surviving; and of the 4, only 1 will be making a significant profit. This gives rise to under-employment, job losses and other poverty-related issues. There is a way out of this.
- A lot of leaders experience needless frustrations. In an attempt to deal with issues (including the ones above) that crop up within organisations, leaders often use approaches (actions and inactions) that compound / worsen the problem in the long run. This can be avoided with the right awareness, knowledge and skill.
- And so many more of such issues.
The good news is that, per the research findings, most of these issues are preventable, or otherwise solvable with the right awareness and the right capacity building. THE PURPOSE COMPASS : 7 Amazing Steps to a Happy and a Truly Fulfilling Life, presents the needed guidance / coaching, based on Lessons from the Hebrew / Greek Bible, Life Experience, and more than 100 books on Personal Development, Organisational Development, Entrepreneurship, and Leadership.
A truly fulfilling life is very important; however, very rare! How so? And, what is your idea of a fulfilling life? Sadly, most people are not truly fulfilled in life, and chances are that, such may be your situation. It is possible to be excited, or even make a lot of money and still not live a truly fulfilling life! Indeed, so many wealthy and seemingly happy people, including wealthy professional comedians, are known to have committed suicide in the past; some even recently. Also, it is possible to be very religious and still not live a truly fulfilling life! Incidences of very religious people, including pastors, committing suicide abound. Indeed, a whopping majority of people do not live a truly fulfilling life! Notice that I am not talking about a fulfilling life (that is subjective) but rather a truly fulfilling life! Yes, there is a big difference! And THE PURPOSE COMPASS clearly defines what a truly fulfilling life is, and gives the steps for attaining a truly fulfilling life. It is the foundational life-coaching (mentorship) you have always wanted; now at your disposal; you will find it amazing! It is an objective orientation about life, especially how to organize your thoughts, actions, and inactions to achieve a truly fulfilling life of extreme productivity.
THE PURPOSE COMPASS : 7 Amazing Steps to a Happy and a Truly Fulfilling Life; a Unique Life-Coaching Presentation; recommended for you and your people: child(ren) | friend(s) | team / staff / workers | students / pupils | congregation | countrymen | etc. Below is a TV interview on the book. A preview of the actual material / content is further below.
If you’re viewing this on a phone please view landscape; please turn phone horizontally
Training Outline / Table of Contents
APPENDIX: THE ‘SQUARES’
7 Amazing Steps to a Happy and a Truly Fulfilling Life.
CHAPTER 1 :: INTRODUCTION
The seven amazing steps you can use to achieve a truly fulfilling life are really pretty simple and straightforward…
Discover the eagle in you simply means… make the right effort to appreciate the true / hidden potential inside of you. And you can do so by reading a lot of self-help books and taking action on them; so the ‘what’ and ‘how’ of each of the steps are simple. But ‘why’ is that important? The ‘why’ factor is what will make a difference as to whether you will indeed comply. Therefore much attention will initially go into laying a very solid foundation as to ‘why’ the seven amazing steps you can use to achieve a truly fulfilling life are so relevant; to do that I will clearly establish the problems / difficulties the steps are meant to prevent, or solve.
Why Are You Here on Earth?
You never decided to come into this world; no one ever did! You woke up one day to realise that you were in this world, and living among a number of people at various levels: home or household, neighbourhood or community, town or city, country, continent, world; though the realisation of these various levels happened at different stages in your life. By the way, what was your very first question in life?
Though you were born with certain instincts (for instance the instinct to cry, crawl, imitate, be inquisitive, etc.) much of what you know now, and the things you are able to do have been by means of elaborate learning processes such as social conditioning, auto-suggestions, etc; both consciously and unconsciously / subconsciously. The following have been some of your major teachers in those learning processes…
- Family members (especially parents / guardians)
- Religious leaders (especially those of your preference)
- School teachers
- Opinion leaders / Role models
- Mentors / Coaches
- Authors / Writers / Bloggers
These teachers might have influenced / taught you directly in person (home, class, seminar, seminar / workshop, etc.) or through the mass media: internet, radio, television, videos, books, magazines, etc. It so happens that even with their best intentions, and effort, chances are that eventually, you have been inadvertently socialised to underestimate your capabilities and are thus using so little of your true / hidden potential, and chances are that your vision / goals are not high enough; you may have the opportunity to check this for yourself and know how you may be doing.
The sad reality is that, it so happens that for every 100 people you select at random, 97 of them do underestimate their capabilities and thus use so little (less than 10 percent) of their true / hidden potential; thus, there is indeed 97 percent chance / probability that you personally use less than 10 percent of your true / hidden potential. So, though the world is a beautiful place, life can be tough! And like many people, you may be wondering why pleasing answers to your many prayers and / or pleasing results to your effort seem to delay. This book provides persuasive answers.
Count the Squares
Let us do some exercise; it involves counting, and for the purpose, you’ll need a separate sheet. Ready?
In the squares diagram shown, how many squares are there; how many squares can you make out in total?
Write down and circle your final answer; we will later refer to this exercise for a few lessons. You may draw a diagram like this yourself; just make sure it is square enough.
This exercise will always lead you to an amazing discovery about your level of #Productivity. If you've already undertaken this exercise, you may scroll down but remember how you fared the first time you tried it.
How is Life?
I wish I was directly with you one-on-one to hear your response to this question: ‘How is life?’ It is one of the most interesting questions in our world, because we often hide the truth when answering it. Most people only truly answer this question either when they are alone, or when they are in prayer, or when they're with their lawyer, doctor, pastor, family, friend, counselor, etc. i.e. people who they believe can be of some help; even if just for sympathy or some encouragement.
Sadly, most people are not truly happy, let alone truly fulfilled in life, and chances are that, that may be your situation. We all have needs, wants, and cares; true or false? True; all humans do! And the most popular one is ‘money;’ well, so we think. These needs, wants, and cares often get in our way and deny us of true happiness, and fulfillment.
In any case, you consider your needs, wants, and cares as the most important; true or false? True! Now which of the needs, wants, and cares is the most important to you? Write it down using just one word! Example...
I am going to make two seemingly conflicting statements or predictions (Statement A and Statement B) about how your needs, wants, and cares will be met / solved; choose one, or both; depending on how you think / feel / believe your needs may be met. Now the statements...
A. God will solve all my problems and provide all my needs, wants, and cares.
B. I will have to work very hard to find the solutions or answers to my needs, wants, and cares.
Choose / write either A, or B, or both A and B; write on a separate sheet of paper.
Great! Again, we will later refer to this exercise for a few lessons. Now, imagine this: you happen to be at my ‘Seers Empowerment Summit’ live session; I walk to the stage with a sealed tin of milk in my hand and try to place / suspend the tin of milk in mid-air (without anything supporting or holding it) and you are staring keenly at me, so I call you to come and do it for me. How would you feel; what would be your reaction?
I believe you would find it strange, and be skeptical though you might give me the benefit of doubt. However, one thing is for sure: the tin of milk will fall down with a bang!
Interestingly, and metaphorically, most people in this life (likely including your good self) are trying to suspend a tin of milk in mid-air, by various actions and inactions. This summarises the surprising habits that make life difficult. Specifically, there are four key habits that make life difficult; they are as follows…
- 1. The Processionary Caterpillar Syndrome
- 2. The Pleasure-Pain Principle
- 3. False-Faith
- 4. Unconscious Incompetence
These feed into each other (or overlap) in a sense, and all other known causes can be classified under them; if you get to understand them and avoid their negative effects, life becomes simple / easy and meaningful! Let us look at them…
END OF PREVIEW
This prieview shows a brief excerpt from Chapter 1 : Introduction
APPENDIX: THE ‘SQUARES’
7 Amazing Steps to a Happy and a Truly Fulfilling Life.